I don't like spending too much time in the kitchen for making breakfast. I always prefer recipes for breakfasts that can be prepared within 15-20 minutes. French toast has always been my favorite breakfast recipes especially on lazy Sunday mornings when we wake up late and most of the time it is a brunch or very light breakfast. If you ask my son what he'd like to have for a quick breakfast, the answer is always the same - Either it is pancakes or french toast. He usually has oatmeal or cornflakes before going to school everyday which he finds very boring. But as he is a very slow eater, I have very limited choices to give him for breakfast during school days.
This version of baked french toast is so delicious and trust me no one can ever go wrong with this recipe.. This recipe is always a hit. It is really very simple and quick to make. Crispy outside and fluffy inside with sugar and a bit of buttery taste - these french toasts are absolutely yummy or should I say tremendously decadent. If you want, you can serve these french toast drizzled with syrup of your choice or eat it as it is. Do try these fantastic baked french toast slices and enjoy.
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- few drops of yellow color (optional)
- bread crumbs
- Cut each bread slice into three pieces.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a wide bowl, add eggs, sugar, yellow color, vanilla essence. Beat well with a whisk.
- Add milk and beat again until the mixture is well blended.
- Dip each bread slices in the bread mixture. Do not over-soak. Just coat it completely.
- Roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove and brish the tops with melted butter.
- Flip to the other side and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve with drizzled syrup.
- You may avoid rolling the bread slices in breadcrumbs.
- You may cut the bread into half to form triangles instead of slices.
- Adjust the sugar as per required.
- If you do not want to bake them, just grease a pan with oil or ghee, dip each bread slices in the mixture and fry on low heat on both sides till golden brown.. Do not use breadcrumbs if you are frying it in a pan.
Sending this to :- Arthy Shama's Healthy Snacking and WTML & Gayathri’s Announcement Page and Vardhini's Bake Fest # 25