One of my blog reader, Buvana, asked me to share a sweet recipe with mango pulp. I had some mangoes at home as hubby usually gets mangoes in bulk as mangoes always hold a special place in my heart. Hence, I decided to make this delicious burfi on an impluse yesterday night. Hubby dear loved it a lot and complimented me that this mango burfi was better than the store-bought ones. It is easy and quick to make too. This delectable mango flavored Indian sweet is definitely worth trying.
Ingredients:-
- 200 grams whole dry milk / khoya (crumbled)
- 2 big mangoes (cut into cubes and made to puree)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup almonds (sliced)
- 2 tbsp clarified butter / ghee
- 1 tbsp semolina (roasted)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
Method:-
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add semolina and saute for a minute.
- Add desiccated coconut and saute again for a minute.
- Add khoya and mix well.
- After 2 minutes of continuous stirring, add mango pulp and mix well.
- Add condensed milk, sugar and cardamom powder. Mix again.
- Cook till the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Grease a plate and spread the mixture on it.
- Sprinkle almonds and gently press so that the almonds stick to the burfi.
- When the mixture cools down, cut into squares and store in an airtight tin.
Notes:-
- The entire procedure of making the burfi should be done on a slow flame.
- The sweetness of the burfi fully depends on the sweetness of the fruit. Hence taste the mango pulp and adjust the sweetness as per required.
- You may avoid condensed milk and add only sugar instead.
Happy Cooking!!
Sending this entry to :- Cook Yellow Event announced at Merry Tummy and Lets Cook with Nuts













Wohooo!! My mum used to make this one for prasaad! Lovely sweet... :)
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much dear :-)
Deletelooks delicious one :) even im planning to try out my hands with burfi once :P
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Aara.. I will look forward for your version of burfi dear :-)
Deleteonce again Yaar, thanks for this quick and tempting yellow sweet dish :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Shweta.. I'm soo glad you liked it :-)
Deleteyummy fudge dear.. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Sangeetha :-)
DeleteNilu, love to try this. yummy
ReplyDeleteLooks so tempting Nilu :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Harini :-)
Deletelove this... pls pass on some...
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Rafee.. Your always welcome dear :-)
DeleteI love mango in ny shape or form these look so delicious.Thanks for sharing them with lets cook with nuts event.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Nayna.. Glad you liked it :-)
DeleteI am drooling here ! Looks so rich and tasty!
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much Sapana :-)
DeleteMangoes are close to my heart too. In fact I just love the flavor of mangoes but mango burfi is a new discovery for me. I know that the taste must have been so good. I am sure your blog reader would have been overjoyed with the special request.
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much for your kind words and encouragement always Nava.. Hugsxx
DeleteLove this version of mango burfi, bookmarked dear...
ReplyDeleteI have never tasted something like this! I think it must be so suitable for the summer we are having! Thanks Nilu!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Eleanna.. Do try it dear... Perfect dessert for summer season and I'm sure you will relish it :-)
Deletedelicious burfi.
ReplyDeleteyummy! looks great
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Veena :-)
Deletelooks delicious!!!!
ReplyDeleteI like mangoes alot!! It looks very yummy.:)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Niesha :-)
Deletelove to have these yellow cuties...
ReplyDeleteSo delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe!
xoxox,
CC
Looks delicious..yummy..
ReplyDeletelovely burfies...very cute..
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Sona :-)
DeleteMangoes in any for are amazing! These burfies look delicious..lucky reader of yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much Sonali :-)
DeleteWow looks delicious :-) Book marking and hope I can make this before the manago season is gone :-) Thank you for sharing the recipe Nilu
ReplyDeletenice way to eat more and more mangoes in different forms..
ReplyDeletekeep in touch,
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
mango and burfi , tempting combination.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Linsy :-)
Deleteyour burfi has turned out well with perfect texture...season is ending so am sure you are making great use of mangoes
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Divya :-)
DeletePreety damn good sweet bites!
ReplyDeletewell done!
This recipe kinda excites me so much - It looks perfect, soft and fresh!
ReplyDeleteThis is such an innovative burfi, I must say. I would love to try them... I can actually imagine the flavor, oh with the extra addition of condensed milk, it takes it to another level. No wonder your hubby liked it so much!
I dunno what is with Bangalore, I ask the super market guy about mangoes and he says Mango season is gone Ma'am...katham!! :-(
I think I should look for canned mango pulp.
But thanks a ton for sharing an interesting and new recipe.
Thanks soo much Pavithra.. Back to blogging with your encouraging and lovely comment as always.. Sure does make me fell really good... Hugsxxx
Deleteyummm
ReplyDeleteYummy burfis, condensed milk and mango pulp make an excellent combo..
ReplyDeletelove these Nilu...wish i cud have one :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Reni :-)
DeleteYou came up with such deliciousness when I was asleep in this part of the world.
ReplyDeleteHow much would I give to take a bite at these. Very tasty I'm sure..
Thanks soo much Asha :-)
DeleteHey Nilu,beautiful recipe they really look yummy..
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Meena :-)
DeleteYummy Mango fudge.. Fudge has come out very well..
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Nithya :-)
DeleteThey look so rich and delicious
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Anupa :-)
DeleteWow.. Mango burfi.. Looks yum :)
ReplyDeleteLove to finish that whole plate rite now,irresistible and seriously tempting burfis.
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much Priya :-)
Deleteoh wow... absolutely love it...
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Divya :-)
DeleteThis sounds good and perfect for summer, no baking required! : )
ReplyDeleteAli of
Dressing Ken
Wow such a yummy Recipe loved it Nilu :)
ReplyDeletelooks tasty sweet bites!
ReplyDeleteMouth Watering!!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Heena :-)
Deletelooks yummy....
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Hetal :-)
DeleteMmm, mango burfi is brilliant :D
ReplyDeleteCheers
Choc Chip Uru
Ooh, mango burfi. What a great twist!
ReplyDeleteDelicious dessert, Love anything with mango.
ReplyDeleteLooks tasty! Mangoes are delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Theresa :-)
DeleteMango Barfi looks so yummmm!!! & very rich Nilu
ReplyDeleteDelicious sweet treat for a mango lover!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Ambreen :-)
DeleteWow this is looks delicious! Mango is my favourite fruit and barfi is one of my favourite sweets too. Excellent post Nilu :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Rajlaxmi :-)
DeleteJust mouthwatering....looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Kalyan :-)
DeleteLooks yummy!!
ReplyDeleteMy Lyfe ; My Story
@MyLyfeMyStory
Thanks a lot Harija :-)
DeleteLove mango in all its avatars and this one is sounding so tempting!!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot dear :-)
DeleteLooks delicious and mouthwatering.Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe.
ReplyDeleteThat looks so delicious!!!! I love mango!
ReplyDeletewww.plogstyle.com
Thanks a lot Jenny :-)
Deleteoh my, this looks sooooooooooo so good.
ReplyDeletei've never had mango barfi, but i bet it tastes so Delicious.
the condensed milk sold me
Thanks soo much Honey :-)
DeleteThe mango barfis look great...I am too really fond of mangoes :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Suchismita :-)
DeleteHey Nilu...tempting mango fudge. Would definitely try this ....Nice blog
ReplyDeleteWow. Awesome. Its so inviting , so tempting. U got amazing collection of recipes. Glad that I visited ur blog. Will surely follow u.
Hey I am hosting my first food event at http://weliciousdelicious.blogspot.in/2013/07/corn-mania-food-event.html.
Please do participate. Would love to have your amazing recipes at my blog.
Preeti Nambiar
Thanks a lot Preeti.. Will try to participate in the event for sure dear :-)
DeleteOh this looks so sweet and good! It makes me realize how long it's been since I've had a mango! I love all the flavors here...especially that little touch of cardamom!
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much Anne :-)
Deletelovely sweet, dear...
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much Sona :-)
Deleteinteresting n Yummy looking burphi..i love mangoes btw.
ReplyDeleteI have a surplus of mangoes at this time and this is a brilliant way to use them up.
ReplyDeleteVery delicious :)
ReplyDeleteI follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com
Thanks a lot dear :-)
DeleteHaving found this blog well written and also worth reading I nominate this blog for ABC award. Check here for details:
ReplyDeletehttp://enelm.blogspot.de/2013/07/accolade-received.html
Thanks soo much Sangeetha.. Will surely post about it soon dear :-)
DeleteDelicious mango burfi Nilu.
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much Swathi :-)
DeleteYummy mango burfi.......Delicious & my favourite.love to have it.
ReplyDeleteshobha
wwwshobhapink.blogspot.in
Thanks a lot Shobha :-)
DeleteWow! A mango fudge! Anytime!
ReplyDeleteThanks soo much dear :-)
DeleteGood recipe, good excuse to buy extra mangoes this weekend :)
ReplyDeletehttp://kitchenista-welcometomykitchen.blogspot.com
Nilu just came to say hi.
ReplyDeleteHey Meena.. Thanks a lot dear :-)
DeleteLovely post. Looking really deliscious as always!
ReplyDeletexoxo;
Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.
Thanks a lot dear :-)
DeleteI am surprised I missed this one...It is a nice recipe, love mangoes in burfi. I just it was your Birthday, if I'm not wrong...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
ReplyDeleteThanks sooo much for your wishes Asha.. Really proud to have such lovely and caring friends through blog-o'sphere... Hugsxxx
DeleteHi Nilu! I have an award for you...do check out my blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Malvecka.. Will post about it soon dear :-)
Deleteluks cute, Nilu..just dropped in to say a hi !!! how u doing?
ReplyDeleteHey Sona... Thanks a lot dear.. My Father-in-law passed away so was off blogging for some time... Am back now... What's up with you?
DeleteWonderful burfis! Mangoes are my fav too.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Shobha :-)
Deletehey my dear friend ! jsut dropped in to wish you a belated Happy Friendship day 1 :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Sona... Belated happy friendship to you too... Feel really blessed to have such loving friends like you dear.. Hugsxxx
DeleteSounds interesting!!! Never tried Mangoes in Burfi...will try your recipe. Thanks for posting the recipe!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Shibi :-)
DeleteLooks Yummy.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Manav :-)
DeleteLooks yum
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Shubha :-)
DeleteYUMMY!! I love sweets and i love mangoes!! am drooling here...
ReplyDeleteThese sound very indulgent and yummy.
ReplyDelete