Friday, August 30, 2013

Cucumber-Cheese-Chutney Sandwiches

I love the whole concept of picnics. It is my favorite way of spending time with family. In Chennai, we used to go picnicking every alternate months.  Most of the times we used to plan picnics, on the last minute, and I would hurry to make some sandwiches to carry along. I just loved to spend time sitting on the beach, enjoying my husband’s company, having fun making sand castles with my son and eating those home made sandwiches. But since we’ve shifted to Coimbatore, life has been to busy off lately with something or the other happening. Not that, I am complaining but I do miss that stuff a lot.

Just to relive those memories, I made my usual picnic sandwiches at home. I felt really nostalgic while preparing these sandwiches. Although they are very simple to make, but these sandwiches hold a very special place in my heart. We call them picnic sandwiches at home.

Ingredients for chutney:-

  • handful of coriander leaves
  • 5-6 mint leaves
  • 1-2 green chillies
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • ½ tsp sugar
  • ¼ tsp cumin pdr
  • salt to taste  
Method:-
  • Grind all the chutney ingredients in a blender with very little water to a smooth and semi-thick paste.
Ingredients for assembling:-
  • bread slices
  • cream cheese
  • cucumber slices
  • lettuce leaves
Method:-
  • Apply cream cheese on bread slice.
  • Then apply chutney on it.
  • Place 4-5 cucumber slices.
  • Place a lettuce leaf on top.
  • Apply cream cheese on another bread slice.
  • Then apply chutney on it.
  • Cover the sandwich with this slice.
  • Cut diagonally and serve.
Notes:-
  • You may choose your toppings or fillings as per your likings.
  • You may also use leftover vegetables or chicken chunks in this sandwich.

81 comments:

  1. I love these sandwiches, It's not only tasty but healthy too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty and healthy sandwiches....

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious and a healthy filling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sandwiches. Applying Cream Cheese is new to me. Will try this :). Yummy looking sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cheese sandwich, thanks for liking it to lets cook with cheese event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nayna.. Glad you liked it dear :-)

      Delete
  6. Just had this sandwich half an hour back :) Lovely one... I love it for all time... Picnic, Quick on-the-go snack, lazy weekend brunch or potluck party :D

    Don't miss to participate in ongoing event with a giveaway @ http://cookingwithsj.com/ongoing-event/sweet-celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these sandwiches... they have special place in my childhood memories ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something about watching the sea and water that is so calming to the mind and soul. Wonderful to have a picnic by the beach and savoring these home made sandwiches. I just love the chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look so yummy!! I feel like eating them..lol :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chutny sandwiches , my mu has some other recipe.. Will try it with cream cheese as u did..
    Kisses
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sandwiches!!!! I do them a lot with few different details!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quick and easy but wonderful sandwich recipe !

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Yummy!

    I'll Surely Make These!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this quick and healthy sandwich..... Yummy Nilu ....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sandwiches..Easy, quick and healthy too..

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favourite sandwich,i can survive for many days with it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Healthy & yummy dear.. Love these sandwiches any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. perfect finger food, looks so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks perfect for breakfast. I add tomatoes as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Megha.. Yes tomatoes is a great addition to the sandwiches dear :-)

      Delete
  20. love it.. I would try it with brown bread though :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Enjoying those small moments make our lives so worthwhile :) The sandwich looks so yummy and quick to make

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love sandwiches and your looks wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very tasty sandwiches, thanks for linking this post to Lets cook with cheese event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nayna.. Glad you liked it dear :-)

      Delete
  24. Hi Nilu, your this sandwich is very refreshing and appetizing. I would love this anytime of the day. :)
    Thanks for sharing your version, look really good.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Amelia.. Tons of hugss to you dear xx

      Delete
  25. oh that is delicious and lovely... perfect for lunchbox!! thanks for linking this to my event..

    Sowmya

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandwiches are something that can be instantly prepared and always taste good. Thanks for the share. I might actually end up making this for the breakfast tomorrow :)

    New post on my blog, you might like.
    http://relationshipvows.blogspot.in/2013/08/diary-of-urban-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the idea of including chutney into the sandwich! Hope to give this a try one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely sandwiches........like that green chutney tooooo.........Perfect..:):)
    x❤x❤
    http://indianveggiesbhojan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very healthy and yummy sandwiches..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely sandwich. I make them often with the exception of cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I make these sandwiches when I am on the go. They are delicious and healthy and so quick to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm waiting for another awesome dish <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had some net issues with service provider.. Will post another recipe soon dear.. Thanks a lot for checking on me Rakhshanda.. Hugsxx

      Delete
  33. the very first resort during rush hour days...yummy sandwich, dear...rgds..n keep in touch...

    ReplyDelete
  34. so yummy, reminds me of mumbai sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...