Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My 100th post - A Guest Post from Nava : Orange Curry Leaves Chicken



I am soo happy today.. I can't believe that this is my hundredth post.. I never thought I would enjoy blogging soo much.. It’s been more than 5 months since I started blogging.. Although, I’ve not exactly been very regular at blogging for the past few weeks.. But with each passing day, I have learned soo much here.. I really love blogging now – making new friends who share the same passion with me and reading soo many amazing blogs..  Never thought I could be able to achieve this milestone.. 


There are soo many of my fellow bloggers and friends who have already crossed this path way ahead of me.. Now , I know what it feels like to be here.. I am soo proud of them and wish all my fellow bloggers lots of success and recognition always..  A BIG HUG! 


Thanks to my hubby for his motivation, my son for patiently waiting for his food, so that his Mom can take pictures for her blog first :D .. And, also such good, encouraging and supportive friends from this blog o’sphere..  I wouldn’t have been here without your love and encouraging words.. 


I would also like to thank my silent readers who keep visiting my blog. I really appreciate your visits. But would also be glad if you would say something or let me know what you felt about my posting.. It would definitely give me more confidence to write better each time.. 


Not to forget, my followers, people who are following me on GFC G+, FB, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Networked blogs and Linkedin.. Thanks for reading all my posts and making your presence felt. 


I would also like to thank Pavithra, one of my co-bloggers who did a guest post for me when I completed 50 posts.. Pavithra, I really miss you dear.. Hope to see you back in action soon…


And last but not the least Padmini, who always tries my recipes and gets to me with her feedback.. I really appreciate it dear and want you to know that your response always makes me happy.. 


Thanks again everyone for being there with me throughout this journey.. Looking forward to share many more recipes with you all. 

Today, I have a special blogger on my blog as my esteemed guest.. The very well-known Nava of Nava-K. I am really in awe of Nava, her excellent writing and beautiful photography. She shares her love for beauty, travel and food. Everytime I see her posts, I wish if I could click such eye-catching pictures.. I asked her if she would be interested in doing a guest post. And I was soo glad that she agreed.. Thanks a lot Nava for sharing this amazing recipe with us..


Over to Nava:-

To start off, lemme me thank Nilu for the request of a guest post in her space. It’s definitely an honor which I couldn’t turn down because I value my friendship with fellow foodies. That said I have politely stayed away from invites on taking up cooking challenges. Basically it isn’t within my capacity and most importantly, I don’t have the time. My space is about recipes I cook for my family besides sharing other lifestyle contents like my food ventures, travel journeys and product reviews.



For me, everything revolves around time. I have enough to occupy myself but I can sneak 1 hour for blogging. I can’t explain how I do it but so far so good. As much as I was enthusiastic about sharing my recipe, I took a while to decide. I was confused but with my collection of recipes which is sky rocketing, I maneuvered easily.





“Orange Curry Leaves Chicken” is about marrying the Chinese and Indian ingredients. It’s one of my favorite, available among the rest of the dishes in Chinese chap fun or mix rice stalls. I don’t know what are the ingredients the stall owners add but from the taste, the prominent slanted towards fresh orange juice, curry leaves corn flour to thicken the sauce and in my invention, I combined chili flakes.



The flavors are very interesting, the sweet sour burst of orange juice, perfumed with curry leaves and the little dainty spicy tone.



Ingredients:-

For the chicken

400g chicken – cut into bite sizes

½ tbsp ginger paste

½ tbsp thick soya sauce

½ tbsp rice flour

1 tsp corn flour

Salt for taste (if needed because soya sauce can be salty)

** Mix and stir these ingredients together



For the sauce

¾ freshly squeezed orange juice

3 shallots – sliced thinly

½ inch ginger – sliced thinly

½ tbsp corn flour – dilute with water

3-4 sprigs curry leaves

¼ orange – sliced (optional)

2 tsp chili flakes (or as per taste)

Oil as needed

Sugar and salt – as needed



Method:-

Deep fry chicken pieces till crispy and crunchy.

Remove and keep aside.

Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan.

Saute shallots and ginger.

Pour orange juice in and add chili flakes, curry leaves.

Season with sugar and salt.

At the point sauce is bubbling, stir in corn flour bit by bit till sauce thickens.

Add chicken pieces and continue to stir to coat into the sauce.

Off the heat and combine in orange slices.



Thanks Nava, for taking some time and making this delicious Orange Curry Leaves Chicken for me. I’m sure all my readers would have loved it.. Hope to see more of your wonderful posts in the future :-)

73 comments:

  1. congratulations on your 100th post!!! so happy for you... :) the post from nava-k is just awesome... the chicken looks droolworthy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nilu and many more to come :-) Its such a pleasure to see two of my favorite people here..:-) Chicken looks delish. Thank you Nilu and Nava for a wonderful post and a great recipe. Stay blessed always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 100th post.. chicken curry looks so inviting and very innovative recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post dear, and guest post by Nava is simply awesome chicken is very inviting and super deleicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Nilu on 100th post! wish you many more to come...Awesome post by Nava..loved the clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your 100th and for sure there will more fabulous recipes coming up soon. Thanks so much for the guest post and appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Nava.. It was really a pleasure having you posted on my blog.. Hugsxx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations girl....hope & pray that you achieve many more such milestones, and keep us entertained with your gorgeous clicks & beautiful recipes....keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Nilu on your 100th post, wishing you many more hundreds! That's a lovely guest post from Nava. Tempting chicken dish, the flavour of orange and curry leaves together sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Nilu on your 100th post... came here from Nava's blog for this recipe. Must say you have an interesting blog going on here and This recipe is really worth trying. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nilu, congratulations! Well done, one hundred post in 5 months is really great! I am sure you love blogging otherwise you would not have been able to blog so many posts :-) Great going, hoping to see many more hundreds like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congrats on your 100th post, dear and wish you many more to go!!! That's a splendid guest post by Nava...drooling over the chicken ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on ur 100 th post :) Gr8 recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats.... look so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the mile stone Nilu and glad to see two dear people together here.
    Nava,u rock!! awesome chicken with orange...yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nilu, 5 months 100 posts that is a great thing. CONGRATULATIONS!!I know exactly how you feel. Nava is an awesome person and so nice of you to share your page on this special day with a special one. Very nice.
    all the best for many many more and looking forward to more interesting dish. Glad to know you both and what an awesome dish this is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats for your 100th post. Guest post by Nava is splendid.

    on-going event : healthy breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations for 100th post :) bravo.. awesome dish too

    ReplyDelete
  18. curry looks super awesome n sounds interesting...BTW congrats dear..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats dear on your 100th post.. Inviting orange chicken gravy...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your 100th post, wishing many more to come in your way. Nava is really nice friend and blogger, great guest post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats dear & wish u any more milestones to come ! And that's a tangy & flavorful chicken curry from Nava :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your 100th post with yummy recipe :-)
    http://hindustanisakhisaheli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nilu... Congratz and a Hug for your 100 th post.... You are really awesome....Nice guest post from Nava as it is a unique blend of Indo china ingredients....Will try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Nilu on your 100th post. Hoping to see more of your wonderful recipes in the coming days. All the best on your culinary journey. And Nava, your recipe is as usual simply rocking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Nilu on your 100th Post .. this is really a memorable time.. Being a new blogger i can connect with you , hw the initial days could be..
    All the best for the future milestones..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the 100th post Nilu. Wish you many more to come :)

    And Nava of course, is a charming person. The recipe sounds so yum! Thank you both for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. "my son for patiently waiting for his food, so that his Mom can take pictures for her blog first :D" .. Awwww, That Is So Cute! :)

    A Very Big Congo To You \:D/

    And, What a B'ful Picture, with That Lovely Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow Nilu!! 100 posts, that's great!! Hugs and wishing you many more milestone...
    Nava has as usual done a great job and come up with an interesting and stunning dish...

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks amazing!!! I am so making it:)
    congratulations on ur 100th post!Have a good day:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on your hundredth post! Blog on....! Love Nava's recipe. The flavours must be refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats Nilu.. and such a novel recipe for your 100th post.
    Wishing you all the success.

    ReplyDelete
  32. CONGRATULATIONS!!! you have a lovely food blog and all recipes in it are fabulous....this tropical dish with curry leaves looks scrumptious...we expect to see many many more delicious recipes on your adorable blog...HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats Nilu, way to go gal..Wat a fantastic guest post,mouthwatering here.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats Nilu ! wishing u many more beautiful milestones :) The guest post is awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats my Dear :) way to go :) So proud of you dear. Lovely guest Post

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Nilu, congratulation, keep up the good job. Lovely guest post, the chicken dish look so appetizing.

    Have a lovely week ahead. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Amelia... Have a great day dear.. Hugsxx

      Delete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...