Friday, June 28, 2013

Chocolate Cake

I made this chocolate cake yesterday. This is definitely the best chocolate cake I learnt from my sister 'S'. It is very easy and super fast to make with all the ingredients easily available at home. And the result is a moist, fluffy, perfectly light and soft cake. Again another favorite of my hubby and son and both of them were delighted to have this dessert after dinner.

Ingredients:-
  • 1 cup levelled all purpose flour (maida)
  • 1 cup sugar (powdered)
  • ½ cup milk
  • ½ cup boiling water 
  • ¼ cup refined oil
  • ⅓ cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • ¾ tsp baking powder
  • ¾ tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 egg
Method:-
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 
  • Grease an dust a 9 inch baking tin and keep aside.
  • Sieve together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
  • Add powdered sugar to this and mix well.
  • Add egg, milk, oil and vanilla essence.
  • Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
  • Now add boiling water and stir well.
  • The batter will be thin.
  • Pour the mixture in the baking tin.
  • Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 30-35 minutes or until done.
  • Cool completely on a wire rack.
  • Remove the cake from tin.
  • Cut in slices and serve.
Notes:-
  • If you like your cake to be more sweet, you can add 1½ cup sugar instead of 1 cup.
  • For simple icing:- double boil 100 grams milk chocolate with ¼ cup butter. Cool and use.
  • If you are icing the cake, do not increase sugar.
  • For the eggless version, just add ½ cup buttermilk instead of egg
Happy Cooking!!

76 comments:

  1. So chocolatey, rich and irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate cake is my all time favourite.. Cake looks moist and fluffy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy cake recipe

    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love chocolate cake! this recipe sounds so good. thanks for sharing!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. rich chocolate cake.. looks like dark choco

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy cake and my all time fav:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just as I was in search of a choc cake recipe, here comes one. I bake for my nephews and I bet they will simply love this cake. Thats quite an infor to add boiling water which I didn't know of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Nava.. I'm sure your nephews will enjoy having this cake... Do try it dear :-)

      Delete
  8. OMG I am drooling.. perfect moist cake

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just zoomed in the pic n Oh my! Delicious!

    Your family is so lucky to have you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Heena for your kind words.. Really appreciate it dear :-)

      Delete
  10. OMG.. I can't resist cakes especially chocolate ones!!
    Great recipe.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats rich chocolate cake and looks perfectly done Nilu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super moist n delicious looking chocolate cake...well made Nilu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate cake looks gorgeous and irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nilu, what are you doing??? I can t resist chocolate cake!!! oh...you are killing me... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Eleanna.. Glad you liked it :-)

      Delete
  15. it's so well crafted, and anything chocolate is my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Irresistible chocolate cake ., and a coincidence that I too shared choco cake recipe today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sapana.. Will check out your version soon :-)

      Delete
  17. Chocolate cakes are a stunner and your's look absolutely delicious!!
    Fluffy, soft and marble like!!
    I have always seen good cooks/bakers using boiling water in their cake and should I even say, you are one of them! :-)
    I loved the tip on simple icing - you know it is like a ready-made one, quick and easy - love it! For icing, I used to beat sugar and butter sometimes with lemon zest!!
    Lovely recipe, Nilu!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Pavithra.. Trust me, coming from you this comment means a lot to me.. Thanks for your encouragement and motivation always.. Really appreciate it a lot.. Tonss of hugsxx

      Delete
  18. Love choc cakes & this certainly looks tasty! Nila, hop over to join my latest Giveaway Open to All Worldwide @ Win Handmade Beaded Accessories By A 84-Yr-Old Granny! Good luck & hope to see u there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Shirley.. Will definitely check out the giveaway... Have a great week ahead dear :-)

      Delete
  19. I am so saving this recipe! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much dear.. Do try it.. You are sure gonna love it :-)

      Delete
  20. Love that rich dark color, delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Nilu lovely chocolate cake.I wonder what will happen to the egg by adding boiling water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it Meena.. The egg is already beaten and mixed with flour.. So don't worry at all.. I'm sure you will love the final results and make it very often... Thanks for stopping by dear :-)

      Delete
  22. Looks very soft & moist & perfect.. Chocolate cake is a great weakness for me.. Loved urs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i am a fan for chocolate...loved the cake and its colour dear

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yummy cake. Looks perfect and one of my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty gorgeous and rich looking cake..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow I am drooling here Nilu :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yummy and delicious Recipe Nilu :) Happy sunday dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Who doesn't like a chocolate cake! Love the shiny dark colour on the cake and it looks moist and light. No wonder your family enjoyed it:-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. looks very delicious...I love chocolate cakes,love the colour of your cake , yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks so so yummmmmm....
    If possible do share an eggless version of the same! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG
    Google Plus | Bloglovin | Networked Blogs | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Bhushavali.. For the eggless version, just add ½ cup buttermilk instead of egg dear.. Do try it.. You will love it for sure :-)

      Delete
  31. What a tempting cake Nilu, Lovely! I have never tried adding boiling water to cake recipe. But next time I'm going to give a try!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Dhanish.. Do try it dear.. I'm sure you will love this cake :-)

      Delete
  32. The cake indeed look perfect!! Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Pankti.. I'm sooo glad to see you back... Missed you a lot dear :-)

      Delete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...