Saturday, June 1, 2013

Maggi Masala Noodles

My brother is getting married on June 10th. Hence, I will be travelling to Mumbai in the coming week. I'm so much excited and nervous at the same time. 'Excitement' because I'm visiting Mumbai, meeting my family, my darling sisters, my cute nieces, get to spend time with each one of them which I really miss and have lotts of fun. 'Nervous' because my son's school starts on June 10th too. As we have shifted only 3 months back to Coimbatore, it would be a new school,  new friends and maybe a new beginning for him. (He is in Class 3 now). After lots of 'ifs' and 'buts,  I decided not to think anymore. But my mind keeps wandering, and I keep saying to myself, "It's O.K. He will pick up.. It's just a matter of some days." These days with packing, shopping and arranging, I have less time, energy and some times less patience for cooking. I try to keep it as quick and simple as possible.

I love maggi noodles very much. Infact who doesn't? Be it kids or adults, everybody loves noodles. It is the most easiest and quickest to make and addition of just a few vegetables makes it all the more nutritious.Today, I made this delicious Maggi Masala for breakfast.

Ingredients:-
  • 1 large packet Maggi Masala Noodles
  • 1 onion (finely chopped)
  • 1 carrot (diced)
  • 1 capsicum (sliced)
  • ½ cup green peas
  • 1 green chilli (broken in 2 pieces)
  • 2 tomatoes (chopped finely)
  • ½ tsp red chilli powder 
  • ½ tsp coriander powder
  • few coriander leaves (finely chopped)
  • 2 tbsp oil
  •  1tsp ginger-garlic paste
Method:-
  • Heat oil in a wok.
  • Add onions and fry till transparent.
  • Add carrot, green peas and capsicum. Saute till almost tender.
  • Add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, maggi masala powder (sachet in maggi), coriander leaves and green chilli.
  • Saute till oil seperates.
  • Break the maggi noodles. And mix well. 
  • Add 4 cups water and cook till noodles are done.
  • Serve hot.
Notes:-
  • You may add vegetables of your choice.
  • You may sprinkle grated cheese over maggi.
  • You may subsyitute maggi noodles with any noodles you like.
Happy Cooking!!


Sending this entry to :- My Bowl of Snack 

51 comments:

  1. Maggie noodles the indian masala way is the best. Dint worry dear you will settle down soon in the new place. Enjoy ur trip to Mumbai:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! mouthwatering noodles.....Very nice presentation nillu.
    shobha
    www.shobhapink.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nilu! Wishes for your bro's wedding and another wish for your kid(new school is always a new chapter)!! I can see how much of a dilemma the situation would put you in, owing to the fact that both are important!! Hope you sail through!!
    Maggie, is a life saver any day! I love the Masala Noodle, looks just mouth watering. It is raining out here in Bangalore, I can very well make this and eat, thx for reminding such a humble recipe with our very own Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Pavithra.. You must be enjoying the weather now Pavithra.. In Coimbatore too, the climate is very cold and pleasant since some days and we are really loving it :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh Nilu, kids will pick up fast.. dont worry just go and have some fun. And that recipe looks wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice variation...will love to try it your way...don't worry and enjoy the wedding ..all the best...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice recipe! And vegetarian!

    LUXESSED

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep positive thoughts, your sone will be fine :) Maggi looks so tempting ! Thnx for linking

    ReplyDelete
  8. any time is maggie time. delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely recipe, quick to prepare. And congratulations to your brother on getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can understand the joy of meeting all the members of family, especially after some time. Kids are very versatile and they make friends easily and I am sure it will be smooth sailing for your son.

    Instant noodles are my savior and your recipe will be same, much love and welcomed and yes I can resist spicy flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's my favorite one too! Glad to know that you shifted to CBE, my home town! :) Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Mahi.. CBE is a wonderful place dear... Glad to know that you're from here :-)

      Delete
  12. Easy and tasty recipe during lazy days.. Love the addition of vegetables..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking at this picture at midnight isn't really good for my hunger :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to your brother!! This noodle dish looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Nilu masal noodles looks really good .Have fun girl family members marriages" don't happen always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one dish that is everyone's fav..and mine too..kids love it for sure..love the way you prepared it..

    Giveaway :- http://preetyskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good wishes to your bro for a happy married life.

    Your son is too small, he will adapt to the place very easily. So u dont worry and enjoy your hols.

    Very few people dislike this noodle, somtimes when eaten hot nothing to beat this right. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mouth watery recipe Nilu.

    http://indianfoodnest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh! The life savior maggi! Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love maggie.. And im sure this version will taste gr8

    Beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. am a fan of maggi..though i try not to eat (as many say its not that good stuff) still the taste simply attracts me back...well prepared and have fun on your bro's marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nilu convey my heartiest wedding wishes to your Bro. I love maggi noodles very much. Adding an egg will taste even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I too love maggie and your version looks yummy...
    Hey Nilu, i understand that nervousness...But I am sure with your positive attitude you and your family will sail through...Hope you enjoyed the wedding...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soo much Pankti.. Will be leaving for Mumbai on Friday :-)

      Delete
  24. My all time favourite - Maggi noodles !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your kid will be okay. I am sure of that because he has you. He will grow up to be a fine gentleman someday because of the guidance that you have provided. Anyway, I also love Maggi noodles especially the one that has a curry flavor. :)
    - MiracleNoodle.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very interesting post! I have found very useful tips to make a delicious Maggi Noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very interesting post! I have found very useful tips to make a delicious Maggi Noodles.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...